Monday, December 7, 2020

The Baseball Bet (Flashpoint Class Project)

At a Buffalo Wild Wings, two friends Ben and Rich sit at the bar inside the restaurant. 

 

“Freaking Red Sox! Am I right, Rich,” said Ben.

 

Rich nervously says “I hope the Red Sox lose.” 

 

Ben concerned replies “What’s wrong Rich? Betting on baseball again?”

 

Rich replies “I bet about $4,000 on the Chicago Cubs to win,”

 

Ben jumps up from his seat 

 

Ben disappointedly says “Damn Rich, what the hell man?”

 

Rich replies “I need the money really bad Ben. Or else I’ll be in big trouble,”

 

Ben places his hand on Rich’s shoulder “This doesn’t involve the mob does it?”

 

Rich nods his head yes.

 

Ben angrily growls “Ah fuck, Rich.”

 

Two mob goons enter the bar as Ben and Rich spot them. “They’re here,” said Rich.

 

A waitress walks over with a plate of wings and Ben nervously chuckles “At least the wings finally came,”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment