Monday, April 13, 2020

Michael McCarthy Tribute From A Loyal Student

I took a TV pilot class last year and even attend a few writer's workshops held by my mentor Michael McCarthy. Who sadly, after a battle with cancer, passed away. I wanted to write this blog post to honor him and to say thank you for believing in me. Even though he's gone I'm glad I got to know him. Michael had a great respect for his mentor Del Close, and Del Close is quite the legend in the improv community and the founder of the iO Theater in Chicago.

Michael was my Del Close, he is in the top 5 of my favorite teachers I ever had. He offered so much advice on how to improve my TV pilot "51 Heroes" and he left his mark on many a student beside myself. I'm going to miss him and I wish I could have done a formal goodbye but for now I leave you with the last Facebook message he ever said to me. Along with some links so you the reader can learn a little bit more about the man himself. Rest in peace, Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment