Thursday, April 2, 2020

Was Cyclops Right Video Script

INT. BEDROOM-DAY

STEVEN BUCKY BUTLER, a nerdy overweight young man wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap, is sitting down while filming himself at his webcam.

BUCKY
Hello, I’m Steven Bucky Butler and well, let’s just cut to the chase. Was Cyclops right? It is a difficult question and one that I will try to answer right now.

Bucky takes off his sunglasses and looks at the viewers.

BUCKY
I can take off my sunglasses at any time, but you know who can’t? Scott Summers a.k.a. Cyclops. For you see, if Cyclops were to take off his specially made sunglasses or visor, the people around him would be fried by laser beams coming from his eyes. For that is his curse but yet also his blessing.

Bucky puts his sunglasses back on.

BUCKY
Cyclops lost his parents at a young age and was soon found by a man by the name of Charles Xavier a.k.a. Professor X. Professor X cared for the young mutant Cyclops and overtime a father/son relationship formed. Professor X taught Cyclops his views on human-mutant relations. Professor X wants a world where humans and mutants live together in peace. A world where humans and mutants are equal. Overtime Cyclops would take over as leader of the X-Men from Professor X and continue his ideals.

Bucky pulls out a Cyclops action figure.

CYCLOPS
Are you going to get to the point Mr. Butler?

BUCKY
Oh look, it’s the man himself, Cyclops. Do you have anything to say?

CYCLOPS
I will let you talk for a little bit then I’ll say what I have to say.

BUCKY
Okay, but Cyclops went through a lot over his years in comics, but he will always be one of the founding members of the X-Men and a true believer in Professor X’s ideals. But I believe someone else has a different view of human-mutant relations.

Bucky pulls out a Magneto action figure while holding the Cyclops action figure in his other hand.

MAGNETO
I believe you were going to mention me, Mr. Butler?

BUCKY
Magneto, longtime enemy of the X-Men and a man...

MAGNETO
Mutant!

BUCKY
Mutant who doesn’t share the ideals of Professor X. Magneto believes that mutants should be the dominant race and rulers of the world. But in terms for this video, I will just compare Professor X to Martin Luther King Jr. and Magneto to Malcolm X, for most of you non comic book fans out there.

CYCLOPS
But Magneto isn’t black?

MAGNETO
For once I agree with Cyclops.

BUCKY
Actually the point I wanted to make with that is the X-Men were created Stan Lee and Jack Kirby as an allegory for racism and prejudice, be it towards black people, gay people, or similar kinds of prejudice in the real world. I mean, when you think about it that’s what make the X-Men great is that they are relatable to the misfits of society. The outcasts if you will.

CYCLOPS
But why am I right, Mr. Butler?

MAGNETO
Yes you still haven’t answered that question.

BUCKY
Well, Cyclops is right because, if we stick to the themes of racism and prejudice that X-Men tend to talk about. I myself prefer to live in a world where all men and mutants are created equal. Where we can co-exist as equals and live in harmony. Not fear what is different, but accept it. So I believe Cyclops is right because his ideals just feel good. Also he is a superhero. And to be a hero means to save anyone, no matter if they are purple, red or fish.

MAGNETO
Fish?

Suddenly a Bishop action figure and a Nightcrawler action figure appear and tackle Magneto. Bucky laughs.

BUCKY
Well Cyclops, I suppose you need to lead your team into battle against Magneto. I know you’re the right man for the job.

Bucky salutes the Cyclops action figure.

CYCLOPS
Thanks, Mr. Butler.

BUCKY
Please Cyclops call me Bucky, now go help Bishop and Nightcrawler fight Magneto.

CYCLOPS
Okay Bucky, see you later.

Bucky sets the Cyclops action figure down and looks one last time at the webcam.

BUCKY
Thanks for watching and I believe Cyclops is right!

END


No comments:

Post a Comment