Monday, November 2, 2015

A Dad and His Demon (Version #2)!

DAD
Now Billy, I know you’ve been feeling a little left out recently.

BILLY
Yeah I am. You and Mom are always reading that book. And you’re letting Judy and Tommy have all the fun around here.

DAD
Yes, but that’s only because they’re far better than you Billy. Since you’re mother and I found the ancient text of the Mayans we’ve found a new purpose for our lives. Judy and Tommy feel the same way. What’s the matter champ? Not feeling Mayan fever?

BILLY
I just don’t think you guys like me anymore. The only one that likes me is Slinky.

DAD
That’s not true Billy. Your pet ferret just makes a bigger show of it.

BILLY
Oh Yeah? When was the last time we played some call of duty together?

DAD
Now we discussed this Billy. The creator gods Xmucane and Xpiayoc do not like electricity used in the home.

BILLY
You say that every time I try to do anything fun. You don’t like spending time with me do you?

DAD
If you’d just get those silly ideas out of your head and let the god Naum, bringer of human minds and thoughts, give you some sense.

BILLY
Why don’t you just leave me alone? (Turns his back to his dad.)

DAD
(Beat.) Billy?

BILLY
What?

DAD
Do you remember when we used to go camping?

BILLY
…Yeah

DAD
Remember we used to make smores and you’d pretend to be a bear to scare all of us?

BILLY
Yeah.

DAD
That was fun wasn’t it?

BILLY
Yeah. It was pretty fun.

DAD
How would you like to go camping? Just the two of us.

BILLY
Really? You mean it?

DAD
Does it sound fun to you?

BILLY
It sounds awesome. Lets do it!

DAD
Alright! Just one thing though. The god Buluc Chabtan demands a blood sacrifice so… do you mind if we bring Slinky?


(Blackout.)

No comments:

Post a Comment