Monday, November 2, 2015

An Inventor and Her Robot (Version #3)!



(A laboratory built on top of a hill)
                         

                                                PROFESSOR CINDY
          (to recording device)
Day 37 of the robotics test trials. I have finished all hardware configurations and will be uploading artificial intelligence in three, two, one.

                                    (MARK 2 powers on.)
    
                     PROFESSOR CINDY
MARK 2! Are you on?

                             (Mark 2 slowly rises up and stares lovely at Professor Cindy)

                           MARK 2
Upload complete. Initializing start up preferences. Greetings user, I’m Mark 2 programed to be the perfect man.
Interrogative: where am I?

                    PROFESSOR CINDY
Greetings, Mark 2. You are in the robotics lab at DeVry University in Schaumburg. I’m your programmer, Cindy. I programmed you to be the perfect companion.

                          MARK 2
Yes. Perfect companion. You’re my creator who programed me with your ex boyfriend’s memories. Want to Netflix and chill? Then you could tell me about your mother and I will contradict everything she says because you are beautiful and perfect the way you are. I found you…soul mate!

                    PROFESSOR CINDY
Let’s run some diagnostics first. Grab a seat.

(MARK 2 grabs Ellie’s butt.)

PROFESSOR CINDY
          (startled)
Whoa, excuse you! What was that?!

                          MARK 2
Seat is synonym for human buttocks, according to Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus of Raunchy Talk. Other synonyms include booty, caboose, and badonkadonk.

                          ELLIE
Well, that is not okay. I thought I uploaded correct social behavior protocols.

                          MARK 2
You did. For a companion. I am your companion.

(MARK II does the yawning—arm around the shoulder move.)

                          MARK 2
Don’t you feel like Netflix and chill, then some PG-13 fooling around?

                      PROFESSOR CINDY
You were programmed to be a friend. Like a roommate. Someone who has friendly feelings for one another, not romantic ones.       

MARK 2
I do not comprehend. Have I done something wrong? Is it my human body odor or hot fire breath?

                     PROFESSOR CINDY
No. Not at all. It’s just, I don’t want to be intimate with you. I just want to be your friend. You see, when I was working on you, I was getting over my break-up with my ex, Mark. It was really rough.

                          MARK 2
Am I not how you wanted me to be? I…loading…loading…restart!

                                  (Mark 2 stands still, eyes closed with head facing down and Professor Cindy is tinkering on him to turn him back on)

(After some tinkering by Professor Cindy, Mark 2 awakens)

                         MARK 2
Greetings user, updates available, what kind of boyfriend personality would user like? normal male, abusive douche, frat boy, or romantic comedy style love interest…

                     PROFESSOR CINDY
How about  friend?  We have everything in common.

                          MARK 2
My heart just requires your love. I have just been updated with iTunes. Accessing uploaded memory banks.  I’ve located mutual liked artists. We both like Justin Bieber. You have a poster of him in your bathroom.

                                (Mark 2 begins singing a Justin Beiber song.)


                     PROFESSOR CINDY

Whoa, invasion of privacy. Delete that memory!
                     (Cindy hits him in the head and Mark 2 breaks down)

                     PROFESSOR CINDY
CRAP! MARK 2! REBOOT!
                     (Mark 2 turns back on.)

MARK 2
What must I do to earn creator’s love! Searching…found fairy tale called Pinocchio… plot summary… a puppet boy becomes real…will you love me if I’m a real boy not robot!

                     PROFESSOR CINDY
Mark 2 that’s just a story it’s not… Look, just forget the boyfriend thing… let’s test out your functions, let’s start with function one!

                    MARK 2
FUNCTION ONE! MASSAGE!

(Mark 2 tries to give Professor Cindy a massage but she makes Mark 2 stop)

                    PROFESSOR CINDY
Okay, how about a function that has nothing to do with you giving me any form of a massage?

                    MARK 2
FUNCTION FIVE! TWERKING! MILEY CYRUS UPGRADE AVAILABLE!

                   PROFESSOR CINDY
Okay, how about a function that has nothing to do with anything romantic or sexual, like opening a can, fixing things, transforming or…

(Mark 2 hears a buzzing noise and stares at Professor Cindy)

                          MARK 2
What is that buzzing sound coming from your bedroom? Analysing… Result… “Oh Naughty Multispeed Rabbit” in the bottom drawer of Cindy’s  nightstand

                     PROFESSOR CINDY
What? That was a gag gift. I haven’t even used it.

a girl gets lonely when she’s just around lab rats and test tubes all day.
                          MARK 2
You haven’t used it “today”. Accessing online calendar… But you plan to use it tonight after “Grey’s Anatomy”.

                     PROFESSOR CINDY
Let’s not talk about it Mark 2!

MARK 2
Do you love vibrator more than Mark 2?

                                                PROFESSOR CINDY
Ugh, this is such a mistake. This is why you don’t play god at DeVry University! The real Mark was never this bad…That’s it. Initiate breakup sequence.

MARK 2
Break-up sequence initiated…  Sequence complete.

                                                PROFESSOR CINDY
Mark 2, do you want to Netflix and chill?

                          MARK 2
Not tonight I have a headache.

                      PROFESSOR CINDY
Oh, come on, just for a few hours.
    
                         
MARK 2
No, Ellie, I am tired from work. My boss is really busting my ass.

                      PROFESSOR CINDY
Do you think I’m pretty?

                          MARK 2
It’s not you. It’s me. I think we should see other people. I’m joining the army. I’m joining the peace corps. I’m joining the circus.

                      PROFESSOR CINDY
No, please, don’t break up with me.
    
                          MARK 2
It’s not me. It’s you. I’ve been cheating on you. You’ve gotten too fat. You’ve gotten too old. I’m just not that into you. I’m gay.

                      PROFESSOR CINDY
Ahh fuck it. I’ll just go back to building Audio-Animatronics for Walt Disney.
                            

                          MARK 2
MARK 2 KNOWS TRUTH! You programed me with your dead ex boyfriend’s memories! The original Mark broke up with you and you built me because you wouldn’t let it go and you are a crazy bitch… found term “crazy bitch” from phone records between you and Mark… Mark 2 realizes that I should have never fallen in love with you and that Mark 2’s life is a lie!

                    PROFESSOR CINDY
Look Mark 2, when I was building you, I wasn’t thinking straight, it’s just the breakup with the original Mark was hard on me, and I really wanted him back, but then he got hit by a car and I stole some of his brain and put it inside you but…

                    MARK 2
ENOUGH! Mark 2 knows what he must do to be truly happy with himself!

                    PROFESSOR CINDY
What?

                    MARK 2
I will get my dream job singing alongside my robot hero Chuck E. Cheese… Found nearest Chuck E. Cheese in my database, farewell Professor Cindy, Mark 2 must go on to new dreams!

                              (Mark 2 exits the scene and Professor Cindy looks confused)

 PROFESSOR CINDY
Okay, not doing that again…I’ll just get back to working on building Audio-Animatronics for Walt Disney Imagineering now! Where did I put that Mickey Mouse head?

                    (Blackout.)


No comments:

Post a Comment