Monday, November 2, 2015

God & Gary (Second City Class Sketch)!

(In the desert in the Middle East in Biblical times)

                                (Gary sitting underneath a tree reading a book in the shade when a bright light appears before him)

                     GOD
GARY! I AM YOUR LORD! FREE YOUR PEOPLE! SPREAD MY MESSAGE! TELL YOUR PEOPLE I CARE FOR THEM! DO AS I COMMAND!

                     GARY
NAW!

                     GOD
WHAT WAS THAT?

                     GARY
No thanks! I’m just going to continue reading Don Quixote. Good luck with freeing the slaves G-Man!

                    GOD
But, of all of the people in the land, I’ve chosen you! You have no interest in freeing your people from the pharaoh?

                    GARY
NAW!

                    GOD
I’ve chosen you, my son! Don’t you wonder why you are the chosen one? I know all! I know what will be and what’s going to be!

                   
GARY
WHATEVER G-MAN
                   

                      GOD
But your people are suffering my son! They work to their deaths for no reward! I can guide both you and them to the promise land! Where…

                      GARY
LIKE I GIVE A SHIT!

                     GOD
WHAT BOY!

                     GARY
LIKE…I…GIVE…A SHIT!

                     GOD
You dare to use a word of curse in front of your lord! What would your mother think!

                      GARY
I thought you were all knowing G-Man?

                      GOD
Indeed I am! I know what will be and what’s going to be!

                      GARY
NOTE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL KNOWING?

                      GOD
Again, I know what will be and what’s going to be!

                     GARY
Well smart guy! I can ask you questions, right? You said, ‘what would my mother think.’ Well, wise guy, she died three years ago, so I think she wouldn’t give a shit! TOP THAT G BRO!

                      GOD
HOW DARE YOU! I KNEW YOU MOTHER WAS DEAD! I JUST WAS TESTING YOU! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME! JUST TELL ME HOW I CAN MAKE YOU FREE YOUR PEOPLE!

                     GARY
NAW!


                    


                      GOD
I CAN GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT! I CAN CREATE LIFE OUT OF THIN AIR! I’M ALL KNOWING! DO YOU EVEN CARE OF THE FACT THAT IF YOU REJECT ME YOU’LL GO TO HELL?

                       GARY
NAW!

                      GOD
DO YOU KNOW ANY OTHER WORDS THAN NAW!

                       GARY
I just want to go backie to readie Don Quixote, give Moses a call! He’ll probably give a shit!

                        GOD
He’s still talking to that burning bush! Look, can you free your people until Moses is ready to do it! I mean you were my back up in case he couldn’t do it and I don’t have another guy for the job! PLEASE? FOR GOD!

                       GARY
NAW!

                      GOD
I can tell you how Don Quixote ends, but only if you free your people!

                      GARY
NAW! Not into spoilers!

                      GOD
Oh that’s good because I only made it to chapter 2 anyway!

                      GARY
And you said you were all knowing Mr. G!

                       GOD
NAW!

                      (Blackout.)



No comments:

Post a Comment