Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Spotty & Stork Play Script I wrote 4 School!


ACT 1

 

Spotty and Stork are sitting on a couch together watching TV together. In Spotty’s house are pictures of Spotty’s friends and family hanging on the walls. Also while they are watching TV, Spotty and Stork are listening to "Piano Man" by Billy Joel on Spotty’s radio.

 

SPOTTY

 

Man, listening to Billy Joel rock on the radio and watching old TV shows with one of my best friends is awesome.

Stork then taps Spotty on the shoulder.

SPOTTY (CONT’D)

Yah Beardy…oh sorry…I mean…yah Stork…

STORK

Hey Spotty, can you get me a beer?

SPOTTY

Sure dude, would you like anything else master? I was also going to get some Oreos because I have the munchies.

STORK

Just a beer Spotty, no cookies, no pies, and no Twinkies…just a beer…do you understand?

SPOTTY

Okay…could I have a beer?

STORK

Whatever man it’s your house…oh and Spotty…

SPOTTY

Yes, Stork…

STORK

Don’t ever call me Beardy again.  I swear, because we are two different animals.  I mean your friend Beardy is a Miniature Schnauzer for god’s sake.  Do I look like a dog to you…?

SPOTTY

Sorry, I’m just a little confused that you’re playing my friend when actually Beardy is my sidekick in my books and you’re…

STORK

Hush dude!  I know we rarely interact with each other, but the theater class doesn’t know that.  Yes, I just broke the fourth wall, so what….

Stork then winked to the audience and Spotty then looked confused….

SPOTTY

Ah, alright.  I’ll get you the last beer in the refrigerator then.  You’ll tell me what I missed on the show we’re watching, right?  Because this is a new episode and…

STORK

Spotty, we’re watching ALF.  There hasn’t been a new episode since the 80s and it’s on a DVD you own…

SPOTTY

But I’ve just bought it at Wal-Mart for five bucks and…

STORK

Look, just get my beer, Spotty.  God, why do I hang out with you?

SPOTTY

Because we’re friends….

STORK

Why are we friends again?

SPOTTY

How can you say that!

STORK

Look, Spotty, to be honest I’m only here because my other friends are busy and you were available.

SPOTTY

Likewise.  But I saved your life in the fourth grade….

STORK

No.  I just slipped on a pencil and you told a teacher.  And that teacher just took me to the nurse.  Plus, I wasn’t even hurt. I just tripped over a freaking pencil.

SPOTTY

But I was the one who said that you should stop delivering babies and go on wonderful adventures with me.

STORK

But now I sell insurance and you sell toasters because we needed real jobs.  I mean, come on. How will we make money just being adventurers?

SPOTTY

We could’ve had our own show on the History channel or something.

(Spotty sighs)

What happened to us man?  We used to be fighting bad guys and saving the day.  But now we’re just two guys who had a day off of our lame jobs and are sitting on the couch drinking beers and watching reruns of ALF.

STORK

Truly, it’s paradise.  Now about that beer…

 Spotty begins to cry.

STORK

Stop crying, dude!  So what?  I’m a talking stork and you’re a talking dog.  We’re both odd and like everyone else in the world we have to do things we hate for a living.

Spotty slowly stops crying and then smiles.

   Stork looks at Spotty confused.

SPOTTY

I just remembered how we became friends.  I was a talking dog who had no friends and you were a talking stork who had no friends. What brought us together was the fact we are stupid animals who can talk. We’re two wild and crazy talking cartoon animals.

STORK

Spotty, what you just said makes no sense at all.  I bet you hear this a lot….but you’re an idiot.

SPOTTY

Plus, I chose a talking stork because Yogi Bear was busy that night and….

                                                                        Stork then sighed and slowly began to leave Spotty’s house while Spotty was rambling.

                         Stork then hops in his car and drives back to his own house.

     A couple hours later, Spotty then realizes Stork left.

SPOTTY

Great, not only did my only stork friend leave but now I have no idea what I had to tell him.  It was something important?

Spotty’s cell phone rings and he answers it.

SPOTTY

Hey Stork…forget something….Stork…

Now we see Stork lying on the floor back at his house passed out. Then we slowly see that Stork’s house was being fumigated for a cockroach problem.

SPOTTY

Oh well…I guess I can see what my other friends are up to…but first…

Spotty then grabs a box of Oreos and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

SPOTTY

Now…it’s me time.

     Spotty began to watch TV while eating Oreos and drinking a bottle of Mountain Dew.

SPOTTY

Maybe after me time, I can finally get that beer….I think I can make it to the bar before last call….

             

No comments:

Post a Comment