Thursday, June 16, 2016

“Bucky the Writer" Sitcom Script: Part 1!

                          TEASER

                    Scene A
FADE IN:

INT. BEDROOM-DAY
 (BUCKY BUTLER, JENNY BUTLER, SPOTTY)

AN UNMADE BED, A TV ON TOP OF A DRESSER, AND A DESK WITH WHEELS WITH A LAPTOP COMPUTER ON IT.

BUCKY BUTLER IS SITTING AT HIS COMPUTER DESK TYPING ON HIS COMPUTER WHEN JENNY BUTLER ENTERS HIS BEDROOM

                   JENNY BUTLER
Bucky, did you empty the dishwasher like I asked?

                   BUCKY BUTLER
         I’ll get to it eventually, Mom.

                   JENNY BUTLER
Then I hope you’re working on your homework.  You have to write one sketch for your comedy writing class.

                   BUCKY BUTLER
         I’m writing away, Mom!
               
                   JENNY BUTLER
         Oh really, it sounds like you
         are just watching Youtube videos from here.
       
                   BUCKY BUTLER
         I’m watching comedy sketches to maybe
         try and get some inspiration for my sketch.
         
                            JENNY BUTLER
Let me guess, this so called comedy sketch video you’re watching, you’ve seen it a million times before haven’t you?

                                   BUCKY BUTLER
         You know me so well Mom!  But don’t worry, I’ll totally start writing my sketch when I’m done watching this video.
    
                     JENNY BUTLER
Then after that you better empty the dishwasher.

                     BUCKY BUTLER
            (NOT CARING TONE OF VOICE) Uh-huh.

                    JENNY BUTLER
         Then take out the trash.

                    BUCKY BUTLER
            (NOT CARING TONE OF VOICE) Uh-huh.
            
                     JENNY BUTLER
         Also, make your bed!

                     BUCKY BUTLER
Jesus Christ Mom, I’m not Superman!
         You’re asking me to do a lot and I can’t
         do everything around the house, you know?

                    JENNY BUTLER
Really, I make you do everything around the house? So far, you only have four chores to do and who does the rest of them?

                     BUCKY BUTLER
         Well, you do, but you’re my Mom!

                      JENNY BUTLER
         And you’re 25 years old. You know I could
kick you out of my house anytime, right?

                       BUCKY BUTLER
           (SAD TONE OF VOICE) I’ll be good.
                      
                       JENNY BUTLER
That’s what I thought. Now, before you do you do your chores and homework, dinner’s ready.  I ordered pizza! Come downstairs before it gets cold.

JENNY BUTLER EXITS THE BEDROOM AND BUCKY BUTLER SWINGS HIS COMPUTER DESK CHAIR AROUND.

                   BUCKY BUTLER
         Awesome! I’m having pizza tonight!  Let
         me just-

SOUND: KNOCKING

                   BUCKY BUTLER
         Mom, is that you again?

SPOTTY ENTERS THE SCENE COMING OUT OF THE BEDROOM CLOSET.

                   SPOTTY
         Actually, it’s a very familiar friend.
Ready and willing to help.


                  END TEASER

No comments:

Post a Comment