Thursday, June 16, 2016

“Bucky the Writer” Sitcom Script: Part 2!

                         ACT ONE

                 Scene B
FADE IN.

INT. BEDROOM-DAY
  (BUCKY BUTLER, SPOTTY, THE WISE WIZARD)

SPOTTY IS WALKING AROUND THE BEDROOM CHECKING OUT BUCKY BUTLER’S STUFF WHILE BUCKY BUTLER IS JUST STANDING IN SHOCK.

                  SPOTTY
          Wow, nice room. Nice toys, good movies,
          cool posters.  How old are you again?

                 BUCKY BUTLER
         (SCREAMING) What is going on! You’re not
         real and I should know because I created you! 
        
                   SPOTTY
    Of course I’m not real! Come on, a six foot,      
         talking and walking dog wearing a necktie, really?    
         And yes, dad, you did create me.

                   BUCKY BUTLER
(FREAKING OUT) Why did you just call me Dad?  Spotty you’re a talking cartoon dog and I’m a real human being! Plus, I’m still a virgin!

                     SPOTTY
 (SARCASTICALLY) Wow, you’re a virgin,     shocker.  From a room filled with action figures and Disney DVDs, I totally thought you would have gotten laid by now!

                     BUCKY BUTLER
         (STARTING TO CALM DOWN A BIT) Just tell me
 why you are here inside my room?

                       SPOTTY
Actually, I’m not inside your room.  I’m inside your head.  In fact you’re the only person who can see me!

                   BUCKY BUTLER
         Oh great, now I have schizophrenia!
         First I have Asperger syndrome and
         then I have ADD—

                     SPOTTY
Don’t worry, you don’t have         schizophrenia!  Your mind made me appear before you because you needed my help.

      BUCKY BUTLER             
Your help with what and why you?

                     SPOTTY
With your writing, Dad, duh!  And why it’s me who is helping you? Well, most of your other characters were busy and don’t really care and—
           
                    BUCKY BUTLER
What do you mean my other characters?                       I have other characters living inside my head?

                      SPOTTY
Oh, yeah, totally!  Every character you’ve ever created lives inside your head.
In fact, think of a character you created
and he’ll appear before you right now.

                     BUCKY BUTLER
So, any character I created that comes to my mind will appear in my room with us right now?

                       SPOTTY
Yeah, but they might be pissed off if you
brought them here for no reason. But again, if you think of one he’ll appear.

BUCKY BUTLER PAUSES FOR A BIT TO THINK AND AFTER HE’S DONE THINKING THE WISE WIZARD ENTERS THE SCENE COMING OUT OF BUCKY’S BEDROOM CLOSET.

                                   FADE OUT.





No comments:

Post a Comment