Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chapter 1 Free Preview: Vikings!


Once upon a time in a mythical land there once lived a shoe maker by the name of Paul Longfellow. Paul Longfellow was once happily married to a beautiful wife, but she died and now he alone has to care for their children. Paul has a son and a daughter. Paul’s son is name Justin Longfellow and Justin dreams of one day to become a knight. Paul’s daughter is named Lacey Longfellow and she is a stilled inventor. Even though Lacey and Justin dream of bigger things their father just wants them to continue the family business. But our story begins in their shoe shop where an old long last family member was about to return. It was closing time for the shoe shop and after Paul closed the store he began to make dinner. Lacey was in her room working on an invention of hers while Justin was outside practicing his fighting skills. Justin was training in the backyard because he heard the kingdom was looking for more knights, and he would do anything to become one. “Lacey, Justin, time for dinner,” yelled Paul. Neither Lacey nor Justin responded to the call. Paul sighed and then Paul headed out to the backyard. “Justin, what are you doing out here,” yelled Paul. “Dad, I need to practice my sword fighting if I’ll ever become a knight,” said Justin. “Look…son…I forbid you to become a knight, even if the royal guard is looking for recruits,” said Paul. “Why don’t you want me to follow my dreams,” cried Justin. “Because...I know what’s best for you…now…come in for dinner and grabbed your sister,” said Paul. Paul then headed back inside. “One day, I’ll become a legendary hero whither or not my father approves,” said Justin to himself. Now we go to Lacey’s room where she was looking out her window when she suddenly noticed something by the shoreline a couple of yards from her house. “I better pole out my telescope,” said Lacey.  Lacey then looked through her telescope and she saw an army of Viking ships preparing for an invasion of her kingdom. “Oh my god…Justin get up here,” cried Lacey. Justin then ran up to his sister’s room. “What,” asked Justin? Lacey then pointed out the window and Justin then saw the invading Vikings. “Crap, I’ll alert the kingdom while you and dad lock up the shop,” said Justin. Soon Justin was headed to King Hrothgar’s castle to warn of the Viking invasion. But little do our heroes know that a blast from Paul’s past was about to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment